The 5G mmWave Channel Model Alliance will provide a venue to promote fundamental research into measurement, analysis, identification of physical parameters, and statistical representations of mmWave propagation channels. In addition to making available methodology and best practice data, the Alliance will focus on the development of usage scenarios for Indoor, Outdoor and Emerging environments.
In addition, the following visionary goals were identified:
- Refining, improving, and troubleshooting the initial channel models developed by international standards-making bodies.
- Focusing on unaddressed usage scenarios, parameters, frequencies, and architecture.
- Providing a source of continuity for stakeholders involved in different stages in the standards development lifecycle.
- Serving as a liaison to other consortia and international groups.
- Aggregating new and improved channel measurement and modeling methodologies and best practices.
Participation is open to all and no membership fee is required to ensure the broadest participation in the Alliance. Working group meetings are conducted via conference call and Web Experience. Notes and outcomes from working group meetings may be found on the Wiki (link below).
If you are interested in participating in this group or attending future working group meetings, please contact:
- Marc Leh (email@example.com),
- Dr. Nada Golmie (firstname.lastname@example.org), or
- Dr. Kate Remley (email@example.com).
NIST / CTL / WND